There are definitely times when bad things happen so Good things can come your way.
I’m a true believer of ” Everything happens for a reason. ” either it’s a good or bad one.
Last year I was living a life that I would come home every day shower and sleep. To wake up in the morning and do the same thing over and over.
I liked what I was doing. Just not how it was happening. Working over 48 hrs a week I started getting sick again. And ended up having a lot of doctors appointment etc.
as I was getting all these appointments I was no longer able to put all my effort into my job.
One of the days I had to call out because of being sick. I got asked by my Manager to find another job.
I couldn’t agree more with him that I needed something else.
Me and Chris always had this dream of working a Monday – Friday. 9-5pm paid holidays. And able to take time off.
The job I had obviously wasn’t allowing me to do so. And not to remind you it made me sick all over again due to stress and long hour days.
I decided to post my resume online. Hoping and praying for the best.
I decided to give my two weeks at my current job.
I remember feeling sad, annoyed and stressed.
I do have a lot of bills to pay. So I was very worried I wouldn’t find anything.
I sent out a few applications that day.
To my surprise, I received a phone call that morning ( when I had just given my 2 weeks ).
It was this amazing lady ( very friendly) looking for an office manager. I set the appointment for an interview.
I left that company that day in tears. I couldn’t believe what just happened.
I was so amazed. And happy I could of left there jumping up and down in joy.
I got offered a job as an office manager.
Working Monday – Friday 9-5pm. Getting paid holidays. Time off as I need it. With an amazing family. That knows how to be a boss and actually care for their employees.
True I don’t know them yet. But I have a feeling this is gonna be a lifetime relationship.
I thank God daily for this opportunity a dream that came true without me even deserving it.
Ok I might deserve it 😂, but you all know what I mean? I didn’t expect it to work so fast.
I’m sitting at my desk this afternoon and all I can think about is how grateful I am. 🙂
Isaque has started a new job and it’s a great opportunity for him.
Joshua will start a new job Monday.
Gabe is doinggreat at his job.
Chris also got offered a job and opportunity that made him very happy. Now we have time to work and enjoy our lives.Couldn’t ask for more.
Follow us on Instagram
God is mysterious, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God. Our lives, however, can become mundane, tedious, and cold.
Worship. We all do it. Every day our affection, adoration, devotion, honor and reverence are given to something or someone. Who or what do you worship? All too often my devotion lies with the things of this world. But when we see God for who He really is, worship is true and spontaneous.
One night our family attended a professional basketball game. As the players ran onto the court with fireworks going off (yes, inside the building!) my kids were completely mesmerized. The high-tech, full-surround arena video screens shouted out to the spectators, “Everybody Make Some Noise!”
The whole place was electric with screams, whistles, and any other available form of noise-making. The excitement over the home team just making one basket was unbelievable. As I looked around, I saw this guy wearing an obnoxiously large team hat and a small group of young men in appropriately-colored face paint. Whether the basketball team was doing well or not, the fans were sold out! This was a form of worship.
My kids play sports and so I realize how easily a fan could get a little overboard on the excitement scale. These games can be a lot of fun. It’s fun to be a fan and root for your favorite team. However, I’ve always believed that God desires a similar (and even greater) passion to be exhibited for Him, the All Star Player who made all the stars and knows them by name!
He is the MVP for all time and eternity! He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords! The Great I Am!
My prayer is that this simple devotional will strengthen your relationship with God in such a way that you’ll dive into a fully-abandoned worship mode with The One and only One worthy of your worship. Agree with me in this prayer and may you never be the same again! Amen?
‘Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy. ‘ Psalm 99:5
I never really read or watch the news. I’m so sick of bad news all the time. today I opened up my FB and first thing I see is this NEWS ARTICLE about immigration. I didn’t have time to read the story till late this afternoon. I was a little disturbed. I honestly don’t know what to think about it.. or what I would do…
some of the comments from the people there
“We were kind of like scrambling to get out documents, but they didn’t ask for them,”
“I thought we were waved through because we were white and if we had not been white, I think we would have been asked to show some documentation,”
“I hate to think of the way our country has been demonizing immigrants lately.
When I read that it got me thinking on what I always hear from the president ” Lets make America great again. ”
Do you honestly believe doing this will make America great?
Do you believe getting rid of all types of immigrants will help this country?
This is what U.S Customs and Border had to say…..
Full statement from U.S. Customs and Border Protection:
“Border Patrol immigration checkpoints are a critical tool for the enforcement of our nation’s immigration laws and are part of our defense-in-depth strategy to accomplish the border security mission. Although most Border Patrol work is conducted in the immediate border area, Section 1357 of Title 8 of the United States Code, along with several sections of the Immigration and Nationality Act, give Border Patrol agents broad law enforcement authorities, including the authority to question individuals, make arrests, and take and consider evidence.
At a Border Patrol checkpoint, an agent may question a vehicle’s occupants about their citizenship, place of birth, and request document proof of immigration status, how legal status was obtained and make quick observations of what is in plain view in the interior of the vehicle.
During the course of the immigration inspection, if an occupant refuses to answer an agent’s questions, the agent may detain the driver for a reasonable amount of time until he or she can make a determination regarding the occupant’s immigration status. CBP is committed to the fair, impartial and respectful treatment of all members of the trade and traveling public, and policy prohibits the consideration of race or ethnicity in law enforcement, investigation, and screening activities, in all but the most exceptional circumstances.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK???
- “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” — Socrates
- “Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.” — Virginia Woolf
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'” ―- C.S. Lewis
- No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”— Alice Walker
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” — Hubert H. Humphrey
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Walking with your friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.” — Ray Bradbury
- “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life – and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz
- “How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ’em.” — Shel Silverstein
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” -― Elbert Hubbard
- “Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” -― Mark Twain
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” -― Joan Powers
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ―- Jane Austen
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” -― Linda Grayson
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ―- C.S. Lewis
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” -― Aristotle
- “The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.” — Barbara Kingsolver
- “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
- ‘”He must have known I’d want to leave you.’ “‘No, he must have known you would always want to come back.'” -― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?'” ―- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” -― Anaïs Nin
Wishing my husband a happy birthday. 🎈
Thankful to God for given us the opportunity to be part of one family. The opportunity to have you as a friend. A husband. A father. A pastor. I love you 💕 forever and always.
Thank you for all you do for us.