Wishing my son Joshua a happy 21st
Wishing my son Joshua a happy 21st
God is mysterious, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God. Our lives, however, can become mundane, tedious, and cold.
Worship. We all do it. Every day our affection, adoration, devotion, honor and reverence are given to something or someone. Who or what do you worship? All too often my devotion lies with the things of this world. But when we see God for who He really is, worship is true and spontaneous.
One night our family attended a professional basketball game. As the players ran onto the court with fireworks going off (yes, inside the building!) my kids were completely mesmerized. The high-tech, full-surround arena video screens shouted out to the spectators, “Everybody Make Some Noise!”
The whole place was electric with screams, whistles, and any other available form of noise-making. The excitement over the home team just making one basket was unbelievable. As I looked around, I saw this guy wearing an obnoxiously large team hat and a small group of young men in appropriately-colored face paint. Whether the basketball team was doing well or not, the fans were sold out! This was a form of worship.
My kids play sports and so I realize how easily a fan could get a little overboard on the excitement scale. These games can be a lot of fun. It’s fun to be a fan and root for your favorite team. However, I’ve always believed that God desires a similar (and even greater) passion to be exhibited for Him, the All Star Player who made all the stars and knows them by name!
He is the MVP for all time and eternity! He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords! The Great I Am!
My prayer is that this simple devotional will strengthen your relationship with God in such a way that you’ll dive into a fully-abandoned worship mode with The One and only One worthy of your worship. Agree with me in this prayer and may you never be the same again! Amen?
‘Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy. ‘ Psalm 99:5
I never really read or watch the news. I’m so sick of bad news all the time. today I opened up my FB and first thing I see is this NEWS ARTICLE about immigration. I didn’t have time to read the story till late this afternoon. I was a little disturbed. I honestly don’t know what to think about it.. or what I would do…
some of the comments from the people there
“We were kind of like scrambling to get out documents, but they didn’t ask for them,”
“I thought we were waved through because we were white and if we had not been white, I think we would have been asked to show some documentation,”
“I hate to think of the way our country has been demonizing immigrants lately.
When I read that it got me thinking on what I always hear from the president ” Lets make America great again. ”
Do you honestly believe doing this will make America great?
Do you believe getting rid of all types of immigrants will help this country?
This is what U.S Customs and Border had to say…..
Full statement from U.S. Customs and Border Protection:
“Border Patrol immigration checkpoints are a critical tool for the enforcement of our nation’s immigration laws and are part of our defense-in-depth strategy to accomplish the border security mission. Although most Border Patrol work is conducted in the immediate border area, Section 1357 of Title 8 of the United States Code, along with several sections of the Immigration and Nationality Act, give Border Patrol agents broad law enforcement authorities, including the authority to question individuals, make arrests, and take and consider evidence.
At a Border Patrol checkpoint, an agent may question a vehicle’s occupants about their citizenship, place of birth, and request document proof of immigration status, how legal status was obtained and make quick observations of what is in plain view in the interior of the vehicle.
During the course of the immigration inspection, if an occupant refuses to answer an agent’s questions, the agent may detain the driver for a reasonable amount of time until he or she can make a determination regarding the occupant’s immigration status. CBP is committed to the fair, impartial and respectful treatment of all members of the trade and traveling public, and policy prohibits the consideration of race or ethnicity in law enforcement, investigation, and screening activities, in all but the most exceptional circumstances.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Wishing my husband a happy birthday. 🎈
Thankful to God for given us the opportunity to be part of one family. The opportunity to have you as a friend. A husband. A father. A pastor. I love you 💕 forever and always.
Thank you for all you do for us.
My Baby boy is turning “18”
I can’t believe how fast time has gone. My 3rd child already an adult. 😦
I’m so proud of all my kids… despite any mistake they have ever made ( not like I or anyone else never made any ) They are very good kids.
I’ve pushed my kids to always strive to do their best. Never look back or to the side and wish they’ve done anything different. Only to look forward and say I CAN DO IT BETTER.
Push hard to achieve their dreams.
As I was growing up I never had the chance to be or become what they can become. So I expect a lot out of them. I promise it’s only for their own good. I’m a strict but a ” Cool Mom ” I like things to be done right ( ok maybe sometimes perfect LOL ) But if we don’t shoot for perfection things gets lost along the way and they become messy.
I like things to get done. Don’t ever leave for tomorrow what you can do today.
It’s just the way I see it. I know I did all I could to teach my kids the right way. The best way. I have no regrets. I’m not ashamed of my past. I’ve made a lot of mistakes and today I am who I am because of my choices and the mercy of GOD. If it wasn’t for GOD I wouldn’t be here. I have no regrets on how I raised my kids. I know the way I did it, thought them how to be responsible and mature. Even though some days they don’t act like it hahaha. but they know how. That I’m sure of.
I have a relationship with my kids where I can talk to them and they can talk to me. They know they can trust me. They know I will forever and always be here for them no matter what.
There is NO ONE above them. ( not talking about GOD ) My husband feels the same way. There is no one above his kids to him either. We both have made that very clear.
We love our family more than anything in life. God has given us the opportunity to have this family. Therefor we give it our all… ❤
Gabe will soon be 18
Isaque will be 19
Joshua will be 21
All I got to say is
THANK YOU JESUS for the opportunity you have given us to Love and Care for our family..
Masterlist of Bullet Journal Ideas
1. Books To Read- Color them in as you go! Or make a fun list of them and check them off one at a time.
2. All About Me- Make doodles of things you love, add quotes, draw yourself!
3. Future Log- There are so many ways to make this page. Please do some research to see which would work best for you
4. Movies To Watch- Pretty self-explanatory, but there are many ways to do this page too
5. Skills To Learn- Jot down all the things you want to learn
6. Important Numbers and Addresses- In case of emergency of course. Also, be careful what you put in this part for your own privacy reasons
7. Year In Pixels- Honestly, one of my favorite pages
8. Fonts, Banners, and Frame Ideas- For practice and to choose from when you are having trouble being creative
9. Snail Mail Log- Keeping a list of people who you want to send letters to
10. Savings Tracker- It’s always fun to see how much you have saved up
11. TV Series Tracker- Keep track of all the shows you still need to binge
12. Monthly Challenges- I know I haven’t been helpful with this lately, but you can always search for challenges on my page
13. Music Playlists- A list of songs that describe you, your goals, things you love, etc.
14. Timeline of Your Life- This was hard for me to make. My life isn’t all that exciting
15. Inspiration Page- Fill it with quotes, pictures, memories, etc.
16. Self-Care List/Ideas- I posted many lists like this on my Pinterest if you want more ideas
17. Monthly/Yearly Memories- Look back on all the good and bad things that you’ve gotten over and endured.
18. Sleep Tracker- See how many hours you get each night. This also works well when paired with number 7.
19. Me Time Log- Keep track of how many hours you spend with yourself. We all need to learn to love on ourselves a little more.
20. Tiny Adventures- Go out of your comfort zone and go on some tiny adventures like reading in public, talking to a stranger, giving people compliments, etc.
21. Word Tracker- For those who are writers who like to procrastinate
22. Daily To-Do List- This can be done on your weekly pages or you can make a page specifically for daily sticky notes.
23. Blog Post Ideas- Got an idea, but you’re not at your computer or have what you need for your post? WRITE IT DOWN
24. Fitness Log- Keep track of how much and when you work out or stretch or do yoga or and of those fun physical activities.
25. Food Log- If you’re trying to lose weight or just get healthy or just want to track your food intake for fun, this is for you!
26. Meal Prep- I love how cute and helpful these pages can be.
27. Gift Lists- Ever see something and say to yourself, “Man, ____ would really like that”? Keep a list of things people would like so that you don’t worry about it when it comes to holiday time or birthdays.
28. Grocery Lists- Every time I go shopping, I forget something because I didn’t write it down.
29. Goals- Oh, yes! It’s 2018. We need some goals. Monthly, weekly, daily, YEARLY. Just get some goals and aim for them.
30. Recipes To Try- I see nice recipes all the time on Facebook, but I never think about them again after I keep scrolling. It’s bad.
31. Daily Affirmations- Give yourself some compliments and some emotional support
32. Business Plan- Make yourself a good businesswoman or businessman or businessperson in 2018. You got this.
33. Birthdays- Keep track of all those important people in your life that need to be remembered on their special day.
34. Work Hour Log- Sometimes we don’t keep track of all the things we get paid for. Actual work, babysitting, photography jobs, writing jobs, pet sitting, house sitting, etc.
35. Wishlists- Not so you can #treatyourself, but so that you can make note of things you really want.
36. Gratitude Log- It’s always good to have a moment of gratitude with yourself. Make it a monthly challenge if you need to!
37. Quotes- Your own, friend quotes, celebrity quotes, author quotes, and lyrics.
38. Illustrations and Doodles- Doodling helps you keep your mind fresh and ready to react quickly to situations.
39. Jokes- Your own, ones you heard, ones you read, etc.
40. New Discoveries and Interesting Facts- Find a new interesting fact? How about that lemonade is basically Sprite in almost any other country than America?
41. Travel Log- Places you want to go! There are so many ways to do this, so look up different versions before starting!
42. Family and Friend Favorites- Their favorite colors, animals, stores, places, hobbies, etc.
43. DIY Projects- Things you want to try out someday.
44. Chore List- Keep track of when you do your chores so that your house doesn’t become disgusting or dusty.
45. Bucketlist- What do you want to do before graduation, moving out, marriage, having kids, etc.
46. Story Ideas- I always come up with story ideas and then when I sit down to write them, I blank.
47. Period Log- For people with periods that have many PMS symptoms or even PMDD symptoms. This is a great way to show your doctor all of the things you go through each cycle.
48. Words That Make You Happy- Silly words, ugly words, words that are fun to say, etc.
49. Things That Make You Happy- People, places, and things.
50. Monthly Habits- Water intake, cleaning, bathing, exercising, reading, etc.
51. Story Titles- This can be titles for books, short stories, poems, or just nice sounding titles for anything.
52. Made Up Words- I make myself laugh with all the words I make up on the daily.
53. Follower Counter- This page keeps me inspired to keep doing what I love.
54. Index- Always have an index for easy access to the pages you want to find.
55. Icons- Sometimes we need to have icons to make our pages pretty. Sometimes we make too many icons and never use them (me).
56. Packing List- For those who travel often or stay at friends’ houses more than our own, it’s good not to forget the things we need.
57. Morning Routines- Our bodies need routines for mornings to get us ready for the day.
58. Nightly Routines- Our bodies need routines for nights to prepare us for sleep. (see what I did there?)
59. Weight Tracker- If you’re struggling with your weight, keep a chart tracker or add your daily weight to your calendar.
60. Pen Test Page- If you get new pens, highlighters, or markers, its best to test them out before using them.
61. Brain Dump- Sometimes we just need to jot down ideas or thoughts. It’s okay if they don’t make sense.
62. Spending Log- Keep track of what you spend because you might need that someday.
63. Water Tracker- HYDRATE
64. Habit Tracker Reward System- This is something I came up with myself, so if you have questions, message me!
65. Name Lists (For Babies and Stories)- Keep a list of cool names for characters or even future babies.
66. Looking Forward To…- Birthdays, holidays, raises, pay days, vacations, etc.
67. Compliment Lists- Make a list of your go-to compliments, your favorite ones people have given you, etc.
68. Level 10 Life- Please look up what this is before jumping into it!
69. Pet Care Log- Keep track of how much you do with your pets. Walks, play time, park time, play dates, baths, etc.
70. Achievements- What have you done that you are proud of?
71. Weekly Log- Keep track of your week. This is one of the most used pages in any bullet journal honestly.
72. Monthly Log- Another overly used page in any bullet journal. Very important.
73. Daily Log- I don’t do this too often, but I know it helps others who really need a whole page for each day.
74. Bill Tracker- This was fun to make and something I will be using now
75. Income Tracker- How much and how frequently do you get paid?
76. Deadline Page- Prepare yourself for things that you need to get done. Do not procrastinate this year!
77. Vocabulary Practice- Sometimes we just need to educate ourselves on our own terms. (and with our own terms. Anyone? Anyone?)
78. Doctor Appointment Log- If you don’t want to add them to your calendar or they are too far out to add to the calendar you’re using.
79. Username and Password List- Be careful with this page. If someone finds your bullet journal, this could be bad.
80. Monthly Cover Page- These are so cute! I just started doing them, but they make my journal so artsy and pretty.
81. Dream Log- This is a fun one. Track your dreams. This would be good to line up with how many hours you get as well.
82. Favorites List- What are YOUR favorites? Movies, snacks, drinks, subjects, people, colors, animals, etc.
83. Habits To Break- Do you bite your nails? Quote The Office too much? Throw clothes into piles on your floor? STOP THAT.
84. Small Things That Matter- Puppies, getting up in the morning, pennies, smiling at yourself, laughter, etc. Remind yourself that there is good in the world.
85. Things To Sell- Get rid of the things you don’t need. Or make things to sell! Be prosperous this year.
86. School Schedule- High school and college students really need this. Even teachers do too. Make a chart of your classes, room numbers, buildings, and times.
87. House Projects- Things that need fixing or improvements around the house.
88. Day Trip Ideas- Fun places to go when you have the time.
89. Things I Am Bad At- It’s okay to admit our shortcomings and work on them. Or just accept them for what they are.
90. Resolutions- YES! Make yourself this better this year. Be the best you.
91. Crochet/Knit Log- When making a blanket, small items, or just keeping track of your improvements in your skill.
92. Future Planning- Make a list of the things you want in your future and how you plan on getting them.
93. Quirk List- Ever notice you do small little weird things? Make a list to appreciate who you are.
94. Who Borrowed What- Sometimes people borrow things and you forget until you need it again. By then, they threw it out or gave it to someone else.
95. Six Word Stories- Get those creative juices pumping.
96. Love Yourself- Write down all the things you love about yourself. Appreciate yourself.
97. Paying It Back- Honestly, a good page to have, but it doesn’t get much attention from me.
98. Childhood Dreams- We should always try to look back on what we thought we wanted
99. Good Deed Ideas- Ever think “wow, wouldn’t it be great if I could _____”?
100. Mind Mapping- There are a few reasons I really enjoy this, but it really helps me get my thoughts and ideas out more easily