- “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” — Socrates
- “Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.” — Virginia Woolf
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'” ―- C.S. Lewis
- No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”— Alice Walker
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” — Hubert H. Humphrey
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Walking with your friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.” — Ray Bradbury
- “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life – and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz
- “How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ’em.” — Shel Silverstein
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” -― Elbert Hubbard
- “Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” -― Mark Twain
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” -― Joan Powers
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ―- Jane Austen
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” -― Linda Grayson
- “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ―- C.S. Lewis
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” -― Aristotle
- “The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.” — Barbara Kingsolver
- “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
- ‘”He must have known I’d want to leave you.’ “‘No, he must have known you would always want to come back.'” -― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?'” ―- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” -― Anaïs Nin
Wishing my husband a happy birthday. 🎈
Thankful to God for given us the opportunity to be part of one family. The opportunity to have you as a friend. A husband. A father. A pastor. I love you 💕 forever and always.
Thank you for all you do for us.
My Baby boy is turning “18”
I can’t believe how fast time has gone. My 3rd child already an adult. 😦
I’m so proud of all my kids… despite any mistake they have ever made ( not like I or anyone else never made any ) They are very good kids.
I’ve pushed my kids to always strive to do their best. Never look back or to the side and wish they’ve done anything different. Only to look forward and say I CAN DO IT BETTER.
Push hard to achieve their dreams.
As I was growing up I never had the chance to be or become what they can become. So I expect a lot out of them. I promise it’s only for their own good. I’m a strict but a ” Cool Mom ” I like things to be done right ( ok maybe sometimes perfect LOL ) But if we don’t shoot for perfection things gets lost along the way and they become messy.
I like things to get done. Don’t ever leave for tomorrow what you can do today.
It’s just the way I see it. I know I did all I could to teach my kids the right way. The best way. I have no regrets. I’m not ashamed of my past. I’ve made a lot of mistakes and today I am who I am because of my choices and the mercy of GOD. If it wasn’t for GOD I wouldn’t be here. I have no regrets on how I raised my kids. I know the way I did it, thought them how to be responsible and mature. Even though some days they don’t act like it hahaha. but they know how. That I’m sure of.
I have a relationship with my kids where I can talk to them and they can talk to me. They know they can trust me. They know I will forever and always be here for them no matter what.
There is NO ONE above them. ( not talking about GOD ) My husband feels the same way. There is no one above his kids to him either. We both have made that very clear.
We love our family more than anything in life. God has given us the opportunity to have this family. Therefor we give it our all… ❤
Gabe will soon be 18
Isaque will be 19
Joshua will be 21
All I got to say is
THANK YOU JESUS for the opportunity you have given us to Love and Care for our family..
Masterlist of Bullet Journal Ideas
1. Books To Read- Color them in as you go! Or make a fun list of them and check them off one at a time.
2. All About Me- Make doodles of things you love, add quotes, draw yourself!
3. Future Log- There are so many ways to make this page. Please do some research to see which would work best for you
4. Movies To Watch- Pretty self-explanatory, but there are many ways to do this page too
5. Skills To Learn- Jot down all the things you want to learn
6. Important Numbers and Addresses- In case of emergency of course. Also, be careful what you put in this part for your own privacy reasons
7. Year In Pixels- Honestly, one of my favorite pages
8. Fonts, Banners, and Frame Ideas- For practice and to choose from when you are having trouble being creative
9. Snail Mail Log- Keeping a list of people who you want to send letters to
10. Savings Tracker- It’s always fun to see how much you have saved up
11. TV Series Tracker- Keep track of all the shows you still need to binge
12. Monthly Challenges- I know I haven’t been helpful with this lately, but you can always search for challenges on my page
13. Music Playlists- A list of songs that describe you, your goals, things you love, etc.
14. Timeline of Your Life- This was hard for me to make. My life isn’t all that exciting
15. Inspiration Page- Fill it with quotes, pictures, memories, etc.
16. Self-Care List/Ideas- I posted many lists like this on my Pinterest if you want more ideas
17. Monthly/Yearly Memories- Look back on all the good and bad things that you’ve gotten over and endured.
18. Sleep Tracker- See how many hours you get each night. This also works well when paired with number 7.
19. Me Time Log- Keep track of how many hours you spend with yourself. We all need to learn to love on ourselves a little more.
20. Tiny Adventures- Go out of your comfort zone and go on some tiny adventures like reading in public, talking to a stranger, giving people compliments, etc.
21. Word Tracker- For those who are writers who like to procrastinate
22. Daily To-Do List- This can be done on your weekly pages or you can make a page specifically for daily sticky notes.
23. Blog Post Ideas- Got an idea, but you’re not at your computer or have what you need for your post? WRITE IT DOWN
24. Fitness Log- Keep track of how much and when you work out or stretch or do yoga or and of those fun physical activities.
25. Food Log- If you’re trying to lose weight or just get healthy or just want to track your food intake for fun, this is for you!
26. Meal Prep- I love how cute and helpful these pages can be.
27. Gift Lists- Ever see something and say to yourself, “Man, ____ would really like that”? Keep a list of things people would like so that you don’t worry about it when it comes to holiday time or birthdays.
28. Grocery Lists- Every time I go shopping, I forget something because I didn’t write it down.
29. Goals- Oh, yes! It’s 2018. We need some goals. Monthly, weekly, daily, YEARLY. Just get some goals and aim for them.
30. Recipes To Try- I see nice recipes all the time on Facebook, but I never think about them again after I keep scrolling. It’s bad.
31. Daily Affirmations- Give yourself some compliments and some emotional support
32. Business Plan- Make yourself a good businesswoman or businessman or businessperson in 2018. You got this.
33. Birthdays- Keep track of all those important people in your life that need to be remembered on their special day.
34. Work Hour Log- Sometimes we don’t keep track of all the things we get paid for. Actual work, babysitting, photography jobs, writing jobs, pet sitting, house sitting, etc.
35. Wishlists- Not so you can #treatyourself, but so that you can make note of things you really want.
36. Gratitude Log- It’s always good to have a moment of gratitude with yourself. Make it a monthly challenge if you need to!
37. Quotes- Your own, friend quotes, celebrity quotes, author quotes, and lyrics.
38. Illustrations and Doodles- Doodling helps you keep your mind fresh and ready to react quickly to situations.
39. Jokes- Your own, ones you heard, ones you read, etc.
40. New Discoveries and Interesting Facts- Find a new interesting fact? How about that lemonade is basically Sprite in almost any other country than America?
41. Travel Log- Places you want to go! There are so many ways to do this, so look up different versions before starting!
42. Family and Friend Favorites- Their favorite colors, animals, stores, places, hobbies, etc.
43. DIY Projects- Things you want to try out someday.
44. Chore List- Keep track of when you do your chores so that your house doesn’t become disgusting or dusty.
45. Bucketlist- What do you want to do before graduation, moving out, marriage, having kids, etc.
46. Story Ideas- I always come up with story ideas and then when I sit down to write them, I blank.
47. Period Log- For people with periods that have many PMS symptoms or even PMDD symptoms. This is a great way to show your doctor all of the things you go through each cycle.
48. Words That Make You Happy- Silly words, ugly words, words that are fun to say, etc.
49. Things That Make You Happy- People, places, and things.
50. Monthly Habits- Water intake, cleaning, bathing, exercising, reading, etc.
51. Story Titles- This can be titles for books, short stories, poems, or just nice sounding titles for anything.
52. Made Up Words- I make myself laugh with all the words I make up on the daily.
53. Follower Counter- This page keeps me inspired to keep doing what I love.
54. Index- Always have an index for easy access to the pages you want to find.
55. Icons- Sometimes we need to have icons to make our pages pretty. Sometimes we make too many icons and never use them (me).
56. Packing List- For those who travel often or stay at friends’ houses more than our own, it’s good not to forget the things we need.
57. Morning Routines- Our bodies need routines for mornings to get us ready for the day.
58. Nightly Routines- Our bodies need routines for nights to prepare us for sleep. (see what I did there?)
59. Weight Tracker- If you’re struggling with your weight, keep a chart tracker or add your daily weight to your calendar.
60. Pen Test Page- If you get new pens, highlighters, or markers, its best to test them out before using them.
61. Brain Dump- Sometimes we just need to jot down ideas or thoughts. It’s okay if they don’t make sense.
62. Spending Log- Keep track of what you spend because you might need that someday.
63. Water Tracker- HYDRATE
64. Habit Tracker Reward System- This is something I came up with myself, so if you have questions, message me!
65. Name Lists (For Babies and Stories)- Keep a list of cool names for characters or even future babies.
66. Looking Forward To…- Birthdays, holidays, raises, pay days, vacations, etc.
67. Compliment Lists- Make a list of your go-to compliments, your favorite ones people have given you, etc.
68. Level 10 Life- Please look up what this is before jumping into it!
69. Pet Care Log- Keep track of how much you do with your pets. Walks, play time, park time, play dates, baths, etc.
70. Achievements- What have you done that you are proud of?
71. Weekly Log- Keep track of your week. This is one of the most used pages in any bullet journal honestly.
72. Monthly Log- Another overly used page in any bullet journal. Very important.
73. Daily Log- I don’t do this too often, but I know it helps others who really need a whole page for each day.
74. Bill Tracker- This was fun to make and something I will be using now
75. Income Tracker- How much and how frequently do you get paid?
76. Deadline Page- Prepare yourself for things that you need to get done. Do not procrastinate this year!
77. Vocabulary Practice- Sometimes we just need to educate ourselves on our own terms. (and with our own terms. Anyone? Anyone?)
78. Doctor Appointment Log- If you don’t want to add them to your calendar or they are too far out to add to the calendar you’re using.
79. Username and Password List- Be careful with this page. If someone finds your bullet journal, this could be bad.
80. Monthly Cover Page- These are so cute! I just started doing them, but they make my journal so artsy and pretty.
81. Dream Log- This is a fun one. Track your dreams. This would be good to line up with how many hours you get as well.
82. Favorites List- What are YOUR favorites? Movies, snacks, drinks, subjects, people, colors, animals, etc.
83. Habits To Break- Do you bite your nails? Quote The Office too much? Throw clothes into piles on your floor? STOP THAT.
84. Small Things That Matter- Puppies, getting up in the morning, pennies, smiling at yourself, laughter, etc. Remind yourself that there is good in the world.
85. Things To Sell- Get rid of the things you don’t need. Or make things to sell! Be prosperous this year.
86. School Schedule- High school and college students really need this. Even teachers do too. Make a chart of your classes, room numbers, buildings, and times.
87. House Projects- Things that need fixing or improvements around the house.
88. Day Trip Ideas- Fun places to go when you have the time.
89. Things I Am Bad At- It’s okay to admit our shortcomings and work on them. Or just accept them for what they are.
90. Resolutions- YES! Make yourself this better this year. Be the best you.
91. Crochet/Knit Log- When making a blanket, small items, or just keeping track of your improvements in your skill.
92. Future Planning- Make a list of the things you want in your future and how you plan on getting them.
93. Quirk List- Ever notice you do small little weird things? Make a list to appreciate who you are.
94. Who Borrowed What- Sometimes people borrow things and you forget until you need it again. By then, they threw it out or gave it to someone else.
95. Six Word Stories- Get those creative juices pumping.
96. Love Yourself- Write down all the things you love about yourself. Appreciate yourself.
97. Paying It Back- Honestly, a good page to have, but it doesn’t get much attention from me.
98. Childhood Dreams- We should always try to look back on what we thought we wanted
99. Good Deed Ideas- Ever think “wow, wouldn’t it be great if I could _____”?
100. Mind Mapping- There are a few reasons I really enjoy this, but it really helps me get my thoughts and ideas out more easily
Insecurity is probably the worst feeling in the world. It robs you of confidence, rest, and freedom. Just talking about the word floods my mind with so many memories. Being a little girl, afraid of the dark, peeking my eyes just above the covers to see if there really was a monster in my room. As a new kid at school, not knowing a soul, wondering if I would ever find a friend. Auditioning for a musical, nervous and afraid I would forget song lyrics. Picking an outfit for a date, hoping to impress and hold his interest. The day we purchased our first home, wondering if we were grownup enough to handle the responsibility. The way I felt the day we brought home our first baby, and the overwhelming reality that we were responsible for his very life. Each of those moments all caused me to feel unsure, and creating a deep desire for something solid to stand on and keep me steady no matter what.
So often, I set my feet upon my circumstances. It’s easy to do, because we naturally make agreements with what we can touch and see. For example: If our child has behavior problems in school, it would be easy to then label him a problem child or yourself a bad mom. If a dream falls apart, it would be natural to feel lost and lose sight of your identity. But we’re not called to live by human nature. We are called to walk by the Spirit, and in order to do that we have to stand on a sure foundation. One that’s been tested and approved. One we know won’t ever be shaken by the quaking and shifting of life. If we stand on what we can see with human eyes, we will constantly shift with an ever changing world. That’s not a life anchored in Jesus. In fact, the bible calls that childish. We are called to grow up into Christ in all things. He is the security we are called to build our lives upon.
What are you standing on today? What are you building your life upon? When the world is afraid of the dark, hiding under the covers, you can be unshakable; shining like a beacon in the night. You can walk through uncertain days because He is your sure foundation.
“So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic.”
Isaiah 28:16 NIV
From a 6 day devotional : unshakable moms
Depression can be experienced at many levels and for many different reasons. It’s rarely an easy thing to get out of depression. And, of course, there is a difference between being depressed and living in depression. Something may go differently than you had hoped and you feel depressed. But when your choices and your life begin to look different because of the negative feelings you have inside, then you are facing depression.
Depression is the fruit of something deeper. You shouldn’t feel ashamed about your feelings, but you must know that God desires something better for you. He wants to comfort you and restore you to a life of joy. Get quiet before God and let Him be your counselor.
“How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?”
Psalms 13:2 KJV
“O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave. I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength: Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.”
Psalms 88:1-5 KJV
“Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.”
Matthew 26:38 KJV
“Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
Psalm 43:5 NIV
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
Psalm 46:1 NIV
“But I pray to you, Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.”
Psalm 69:13-15 NIV
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV